View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #86 (permalink)
4hed517

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrb View Post
Firstly, froyo app2sd is utter garbage compared to darktremors script, I dont know if you know that. Froyo app2sd does not completely put the app on the sd card. Even with the froyo ally, darktremor should still always be used. I saw apps still on the data portion of the internal nand and not on darktremor when it was turned on on the nexus one. I may be wrong but it would be great to find someone that could give me a definitive answer.
I've never heard of darktremors script and I've never had the privilege of using a Nexus. I did use Froyo on a G1 running cyanogenmod and I really liked the feature that you're referring to. What thelostsoul is saying is this feature is simply not available on this rom. Your LG Ally is not cool enough to have the developer support that the Nexus One has. I for one am thrilled that this Trident fellow has taken it upon himself to see that I get to tinker with my Ally just as I did my G1, and I intend to donate in the near future as a means to encourage.

EDIT: This rom is Android 2.1, the enhanced apps2sd feature you seek is specific to Android 2.2 (aka Froyo)
Last edited by 4hed517; October 6th, 2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: clarification