View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #161 (permalink)
uniquenameEVO

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android XTC View Post
It is my understanding the USB connector is not at fault really. Its the solder points that crack off the Motherboard and cause this issue. Because of normal use (pushing in and pulling out of the cable) the solder that connects the Female USB port to the Motherboard cracks and causes a loose intermittent connection. IMO its the fault of HTC for not soldering the connections properly and or not designing the connector in a way to remove the stress off the solder pins. In most cases all that needs to be done is to have the USB port re soldered to the Motherboard to fix the issue. Now how long the new solder holds until it cracks again could be another story because of the poor design. You can be sure Sprint and HTC are well aware of this problem and to avoid having to replace and pay for a gazillion connector repairs or worse replacement handsets, they devised "the customer abuse story" its quite obvious to me.
This is pretty much right from what I saw. I am not worried about the re-soldered connections coming off. The factory job was pretty weak.