View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #356 (permalink)
GirLuvsDroid

Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrov View Post
Thanks for posting this. I just saw that LFY 1.7 is out and I want to give it a shot. Since I don't reflash every other day, though, I was already rusty about how to proceed... this post is just in time to remind me and also to improve my process.

Quick question -- why skip Google sign in at first? I'm guessing that it's because it will start the time-consuming process of syncing all the apps and you suggest pushing that to later. Any other reason?

You're exactly right that it's because I don't want the market sync process to start -- not only because it's time-consuming, but more importantly from my perspective, because the Market doesn't install my apps to the locations (internal and SD, as applicable) as I had them before (and I always get low space warnings because of that when I let the market sync). I vastly prefer my TiBu restore, with Force to same location checked. It's faster and puts back the apps where I want them and restores my data also, all in one shot.
Dual boot from eMMC: CM7/Dalingrin OC kernel at 1350Mhz + Nook Color Stock 1.2 rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to GirLuvsDroid For This Useful Post:
thaDroidz (October 8th, 2010)