View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #165 (permalink)
tqlla

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1020 View Post
First, you are confusing stores because Best Buy does not charge you $7 a month for insurance. I'm sorry I have been a Sprint customer for 9 years and I can afford to have insurance on my cell phone unlike you who cannot afford insurance. Second, I have insurance on my two vehicles and household goods while they are in storage during my deployment. Oh, and guess what? Since I'm currently deployed, I don't pay Sprint anything. So get your facts straight. Sprint takes care of the military by placing our accounts in deployed status when we depart stateside and if my phone broke over here, guess what? My insurance with USAA would cover it! Stop being cheap and get the Sprint insurance plan.
Let me ask you something. How many times have you broken your phone, while in the states... and not on purpose? In the last 10 years. I have broken 0 phones. Savings 7x12x10=$840.

$840 buys me a 46" Sony LED HDTV. People dont understand the value of the dollar, any more. Thats why people get nickle and dimed to death. The insurance and warranty companies make money hand over fist selling these plans.

If my EVO dies, there is an HTC hero on ebay for less than $150. I can manage till june.
If my EVO dies 8 months from now... I can buy the next new phone.

The problem in this thread is a Quality issue. If a Phones charge port breaks because you are unplugging the phone..... then the port is weak, or the cable is too stiff. Either way, it shouldnt be an insurance issue. Even if I had insurance, I wouldnt want to pay $100... because the phone has an obvious factory defect.
Last edited by tqlla; October 8th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.