Originally Posted by ScorpDX
I've been using the Kindle for Android app quite a bit and thought about buying the actual full size Kindle.
Anyone got one? I had a few questions and thought I'd make a post here. I'm too lazy to go find a Kindle forum just for one post!
1. Do the books sync that I've already bought on the Kindle for Android app?
2. What internet connection type does the Kindle require to download books?
3. Can I load 3rd party e-books on it and read them? Certain filetype required?
2. The 3G Kindle connects over AT&T's 3G (no plans or anything required). Wi-Fi connects over... well. WiFi.
3. 3rd party e-books can be iffy because of DRM and such. Calibre is a nifty app that is available on Windows and Linux (not sure about Mac) that will backup, convert, transfer books to and from the Kindle for you