View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #76 (permalink)
esmith818

Device(s): HTC Rezound returned Galaxy Nexus LTE retired X2 & OG
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadingLunatic View Post
One of THE BIGGEST reasons the Droid will not connect to Activesync has to do with a activesync policy configuration on the Exchange server. Basically it has something to do with password provisioning the device or something to that extent.
+1

My company apparently had a security setting in place on our Exchange server that required an employee's handset to have a password-protected lock screen to prevent access to company information on the phone should it be lost/stolen. The symbol lock interface on Android 2.0 does not qualify and nothing else is offered.

In the end, the owner of the company (who happens to have a Droid) allowed the policy to be changed at the user level for Android users assuming they could show that they were using some form of security and had an app installed to allow for a remote wipe should the phone be lost.

Since that "tweak" has been made to my account, I have had no issues with my Exchange syncing, although I hear the 3rd party app "Touchdown" offers several features not implemented in the OS's interface.