View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #34 (permalink)
ChrisGTE

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM912 View Post
Thanks ChrisGTE, but I tried that method also, I actually tried Pac 9, 8, 7, and 4, still same results. I'm currently running version 9. Maybe something will give eventually. I'm sure someone out there will provide the solution to this issue.
Sorry to hear you are still having problems with WiFi Tether, keep fighting with it, once you get it working it's great.

I don't think this will resolve your issue but thought I would pass along the links that resolved my WiFi Tether disconnecting issue. Long story short, for some reason the default channel (#06) doesn't work well and switching to channel #01 helps keep a better connection. After changing to channel #01 I was able to stay connected for ~4 hours last night and ~2 hours today.

Android WiFi Tether App For Rooted Users Constantly Disconnecting? Try These Solutions To Fix It | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Issue 509 - android-wifi-tether - Tethering drops internet connectivity randomly - Project Hosting on Google Code