View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
JiMMaR

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullrotta View Post
Sorry to jump someone elses train like this, but I hope you may be able to help me too.
My Vibrant is stuck in some kind of groundhog day-ish nightmare, where I get a lot of FC.
Long story short: I did a Clockworkmod backup of my system before installing a different mod. I decided to go back because of some minor issues, but after trying to restore the previous ROM, my Vibrant seems to be stuck in between roms. It retains elements from the old rom no matter what I try to do. I get cascading FCs, and Market is missing. When I try to use ADB to put the rooting update.zip onto the SD, it seems to go OK, but when I open up the SD through Files viewer on the phone the file is gone. I seems like I cannot write properly to the internal SD.
Now when I try to get back to a previous ROM backup (I've got to backups) the phone hangs at the Samsung Vibrant white text startup screen.
At this point I'm really only after getting rid of everything and starting anew, but it seems like I can't properly reset the SD card, and so I'm stuck with this FC nightmare.

Do you have any ideas I might try? I did the procedure described above, but to no avail.
did you wipe before installing/restoring the rom ?