View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
paulmz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Main: HTC Rezound, Secondary: HTC Droid Incredible CM7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" 2.3.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by crboone View Post
Thanks for making these available, I'm trying them out to see how they look on my X. I thought about asking if you would share them as well. The layout I'm using is a little different from yours since I don't use all of the same apps.

2 quick questions:

- Would you recommend copying the photo-icons to internal memory rather than the SD card (does it impact boot time)? I've noticed that they take a little time to load on reboot. That could be because of a slow card, or some other app(s), though.

- Do you resize the widgets to close the gap between them? The gap is slightly larger on mine (though it still looks fine).

EDIT: NVM on the first question. I went back and reread your OP.

~
I find that no matter where the image files are, it does take a moment (or several moments) for the images to load after a reboot. I assume it's just the phone taking a while to mount the SD card after a reboot. Occasionally, I have to unmount and then remount the SD card after a reboot (can't quite figure that one out yet). Luckily, we shouldn't need to reboot often.

One of the reasons why the icons line up so well on my phone is due to the images being the exact size required for the widget. I did not resize any of the widgets after placing them. It looks like the DroidX has a resolution of 480 x 854. So, these icons should work width-wise with even horizontal spacing, but the vertical spacing is most likely larger than the former.

I'll try to figure a pixel dimension formula tonight after work. If you could post a full-size screenshot of one homescreen with perhaps one of the widgets selected/highlighted, I should be able to figure out the pixel dimensions you need to close the gaps.
Last edited by paulmz; October 18th, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulmz For This Useful Post:
kittyluv87 (May 16th, 2011)