View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
NightAngel79
Lv 60 Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,556 Times in 3,950 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79

In the beginning i definitely only read the author; Piers Anthony, David&Leigh Eddings; Anne Rice. Then when i discovered the Expanded Universe of Star Wars (over 300 books and still growing) I started devouring those. I estimate i have read at least 30 different Star Wars authors. Some i wouldn't care to read their other works and others are so well written that i have to read their other works, Timothy Zahn is a example. He writes stories that involve humans with 'space' settings, nothing mystical. I've read a bunch of his other stuff, (reading his cobra series now).

Hate to beat a dead horse but directly across the aisle from star wars at borders i kept seeing this Nightangel book... Finally decided to take a leap of faith, best decision i ever made. I will follow all his books for now on, his writting style is one of the best i have ever come across. There are a couple others i have mentioned in past threads that i will anticipate and follow as well; Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss. Dude that writes the Gentlemen Bastards series (can never remember his name, lol)