View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
paulmz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Main: HTC Rezound, Secondary: HTC Droid Incredible CM7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" 2.3.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Image Resizing Using Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsspooky View Post
I'm trying to resize some of my own pictures using Photoshop. However, when I click on Image>Image Size, I enter the the pixel dimensions as 470x125. This comes out all stretched out horizontally. Is this the method on how you do it paulmz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsspooky View Post
I'm trying to resize some of my own pictures using Photoshop. However, when I click on Image>Image Size, I enter the the pixel dimensions as 470x125. This comes out all stretched out horizontally. Is this the method on how you do it paulmz?
No, if you use Image>Image Size it will only resize the image. If you resize it to a proportion other than the original, it will distort the image.

I simply used the Crop tool:

1. Select the "Crop" tool.
2. In the Options Bar, enter the dimensions for the image in exact pixels and adjust the PPI to 72.

3. Drag a crop box across the image, resizing or moving as necessary.

So long as the dimensions are accurate, the crop box will retain it's correct proportion no matter what size it is, and it will automatically resize it to the correct resolution by entering the PPI.

Another option is to use LauncherPro Plus and resize the widget after placing it. (Press and hold the widget after placing, let go, when the box appears drag the bottom-right triangle down to resize. It will force a 4x2 widget size.

For the image sizing on this, you have to take the height of the Desktop Visualizer widget you're going to use, multiply it by how many "rows" you're going to drag and enlarge it, and add 10 extra pixels per row to compensate for the spacing between rows. For example: 125 x 2 + 10 = 260

Here's the resized image as a .png:

Hope this helps.
Last edited by paulmz; October 28th, 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Adjusted image sizes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulmz For This Useful Post:
ardchoille (April 27th, 2011), omgitsspooky (October 20th, 2010)