View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
paulmz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Main: HTC Rezound, Secondary: HTC Droid Incredible CM7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" 2.3.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsspooky View Post
now that i can crop it properly, can someone please tell me how to add that banner on the bottom with the text in it? thanks much!
Still in Photoshop:

1. Draw a black rectangle where you want the text to go (This will create a new layer just for the shape). Go to the "Layers" palette and adjust the "Opacity" to less than 100% (I used 60%).
2. Click the "T" text tool, click in the gray box, and enter the text that you need. Adjust the color to white (or something else visible on the gray). I also added a standard drop-shadow to help the text stand out a little more (click the "fx" option in the bottom of the Layers palette and select "Drop Shadow"-mess around with the options if you want, but the preset is okay).

NOTE: After you get one completed, leave that PSD file open and just drag the gray box and the text onto any new icons. This way it will guarantee the same settings and sizes (you may have to stretch or shrink the box horizontally depending on the width of your icon-click the "Show Transform Controls" check box at the top to show the transform handles and just drag the box to the size you need, then click the checkmark or press enter to confirm change).

Also, don't forget to "Save As" a .png file after you're done with each one.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!
The Following User Says Thank You to paulmz For This Useful Post:
ardchoille (April 27th, 2011)