View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
crboone

Device(s): DX (former), SGSIII Blue/32+16
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmz View Post
You're right, I don't see an option to select a shortcut to a folder.

But there is an easier and (I think) nicer way:
I use App Categories or Smart Shortcuts, which lets you categorize to your heart's content. These apps also arrange app icons alphabetically or by use or rating, and have a nicer and faster pop-up box than the folders option.

These have shortcuts under the "Other" option.

Hope this helps.

@paulmz, is there another app that will allow me to utilize your icon pics than Desktop Visualizer? I've had to uninstall the setup because I couldn't connect the phone to my PC via USB mass storage mode due to the link between DV and the pics on the SD card. I believe this was the problem because: 1) When booting the phone, it took a long time for the pic icons to load. And 2) I've completely uninstalled DV (and LP) and my phone connects fine every time now. (I've used LP before and it wasn't a problem). I think the phone was unable to release the SD card and hand it over to the PC properly, so it would lock up and reboot the phone every time.

I could have a faulty SD card ... so I'm just wondering if there's an alternative that might work better. DV couldn't link the pics from a local folder because it uses either the Gallery or the stock File Mgr, and both of those access the SD card only.