View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
mxsjw

Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Personally, and this is just one opinion people, I think this type of delivery works well for some people. Who cares if it doesn't link to a bunch of websites for more information or cite sources of information. The write up is down and dirty, straight to the point. Gives about everything needed without a bunch of detail that is over most of our heads. While I was searching and going from page to page...website to website, trying to compare ideas, and following the directions on each, I can't tell you how many times I wished someone would just put it all in one place and dumb it down, this thread does just that. It's written in a way that's entertaining to read with a bit of hazing. Some of us like to be given a bit of shit while we learn. We aren't all on the verge of crying and carving at our wrists if someone says the wrong thing and hurts our feelings. Some of us are still trying to overcome the pussification of our society.

Again, this obviously may not work for everyone, but it's definitely going to appeal to some. You make a choice to keep reading, if you get offended, stop and move on to another tutorial, cause there are others. IMO, this thread should also be added to the sticky.

The internet...it's serious business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mxsjw For This Useful Post:
lancedriskell (November 1st, 2010), mygamjaishot (October 22nd, 2010)