View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:42 AM   #43 (permalink)
paulmz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Main: HTC Rezound, Secondary: HTC Droid Incredible CM7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" 2.3.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by crboone View Post
From all I can see, this just isn't possible. I'm rooted and moved the pics to the /data/local dir (and tried other locations) -- but Gallery doesn't find them because it's not expecting the user to be rooted, so it only "looks" on the SD card. I really don't see a good solution, unfortunately, other than finding another app that handles the pics more efficiently. I tried shrinking the .pngs down to jpegs but it made no difference. I believe I've done all I can do with this and it just won't work on my phone without detriment to the USB connection.

~
Do you have a "DCIM" folder in /emmc on the phone memory? This is the default area where is camera stores images. That's where I have my images saved.

I'm not familiar with the software process difference between rooted and unrooted, so I can't offer any suggestions beyond what is working on my device.

I would hate for this not to function properly with all of the work we put into it. Hopefully we'll figure something out.