View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vihzel
Destroying Balls Everyday

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,061 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatdtDROID View Post
that's probably how my dead band-director justified it too.

I don't think you value it more, rather, you cross the line of negligence when you THINK you can make a determine the safety of said manuever in a split second.

I have had pets, loved them as pets (did not equate them to a baby or anything) but if I'm in my banddirector or aunt's position.... I would try to stop (decelerate or brake) and drive straight. I had a big dog too.

I will swerve for kids or humans, not animals.
Perhaps the death of your band director is an underlying cause of your exhibited dislike for animals? Also I would recommend assuming that is what your band director thought and flying with it. I'm deeply sorry for the death of your band director and your aunt. It's a tragedy that was a mistake.

When it happens, I'll let my instincts and whatever else take control. If I find myself so shocked and surprised that I just try to slam on the brakes, then let that be. If I find myself with plenty of time (as in like seeing the animal from a distance), then I can quickly think of what to do. That is not negligence. Don't underestimate the power of the human brain.

It seems to me that you tend to lack compassion for animals from your posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vihzel For This Useful Post:
MX_1 (October 27th, 2010)