View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
330D
From My Cold Dead Hands

Device(s): Googlerola Droid Maxx, Moto Spyder, HTC Knight retired, HTC Hero retired,
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihzel View Post
Was this lesson just for me? or for everyone? It was great, but I don't understand the intent of this. I could've written all of that out (well besides the kicking the tires... I never do that since my indicator works and I know that I'm not supposed to always trust it).

I already do everything that you mentioned (again, aside from kicking tires) already, especially signaling and checking blind spots. The fastest I go is 5mph above the speed limit because I know that anything faster than that can get you pulled over but for the most part, you wont be if you stay within 5mph above the suggested speed limit.

I think in this day and age, people don't understand what a complicated piece of machinery a car really is. We are a service economy, and no one works on their vehicle anymore, and by default don't understand them. His point (I think) was to just be AWARE of your car. It could save your life, or the life of others. I can't count the number of times I have seen a car driving down the interstate at 60+ mph, with a flat, or nearly flat front tire. That scares the crap out of me, because if you don't notice or care that you have a flat, you should not even have your license. Every person who gets their license should be required to spend an afternoon riding around in a tractor trailer. It would be an eye opening experience for a lot of people.
Last edited by 330D; October 24th, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 330D For This Useful Post: