View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
zero_one

Device(s): Super Clean 0.4 Optimized, Touchwiz free
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by saps View Post
I renamed the TW.apk to .old but moving to SDCard is just as good. I also had to restart my BW. I think its faster and I rebooted a second time for a different reason and it seemed to boot faster the second time.
I dont know about the other stuff. I thought I was done with bloatware so Ive been out of that mode for a month. However, just this week I finally got rid of TW and 3GMobile HotSpot or whatever its called. Im still not sure I can get rid of Nuance VoiceCommands and something else I cant remember now.
But yeah good riddens to TW, even though I actually have nothing against it. Funny thing is since I removed AutoKiller I actually have even more ram free than when I had it on
If you're interested in speed and overall performance, try installing one of the ROMS (I took the plunge and installed jt's Super Clean). The phone is definitely snappier and you no longer have to deal with those odex files. (In this case, I just had to rename TWlauncher30.apk to .old and thats it). I just installed the ROM straight with Voodoo enabled and didn't even clear data or cache. The phone runs smoother than ever.