View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #70 (permalink)
mygamjaishot
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid X Leaked 2.2.1 SBF, Z4 Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie5 View Post
I've been rooted for several weeks now and am finally interested in installing some ROMs/themes. I saw this thread and the great feedback it got and thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately the 928 BG install didn't go as scripted:

I transferred the zip file to my SD card via Bluetooth, but I don't see how this matters.

I didn't get the SuperUser prompt, but no big deal.

My phone just did a regular old reboot. Nothing special. No recovery mode.

See my reply to # 6 above.

So I figured the problem was some app I had on the phone. The most broad-reaching app I have is LauncherPro (or maybe Titanium Backup). I uninstalled LP and rebooted, then I attempted steps 5 & 6 again. Nothing. Regular old reboot. I attempted this a few more times with the same results.

Does anyone have a reasonable idea why it isn't working? I'm baffled. Any help is appreciated.
@Weegie5
Try the transfer via USB sometimes a file can become corrupted through wireless transfer. Some people have been having issues with the 928 zip file itself but after redownloading the file and placing it on the root of the sdcard via usb they seemed to have no issues.

Also, there may have been a step that you missed with respect to your Bootstrap recovery issue . I think mxsjw covered that in the post above. Good luck!
E