Originally Posted by LOGIK
I will try root my Telus phone tomorrow! Do you have some advice for me? :P
Tlus is soooo ******* slowww! Cant belive that!
1. Backup your contacts to your google account
2. Write down a list of your installed programs you want to reinstall
3. Find a block of time where you can completely concentrate. 30 minutes should be plenty. Don't be scared.
4. Open this link:
Droid Den - Android Guide: How To Create a Gold Card - Droid Den
5. Follow the instructions. Find an extra Micro SD card you have laying around.
6. Make the goldcard, very simple process.
7. Before you continue, if you have HTC Sync installed, uninstall it and get the version from HTC. It will be under Telus Desire. Make sure you restart after install!
8. After this, follow these steps.
Froyo RUU update available
9. I was recieving the 170 error which is no USB connected. If you receive this error I know how to fix it. What you want to do is boot your phone into regular mode. Start HTC Sync and start it on your phone. Not the actual sync part but just put it so they find each other. This will install every and all drivers for the phone. After completing this, turn off the phone and boot back into the menu in the link. Then run the RUU and sit back and relax. After that it is smooth sailing. If you run into any trouble feel free to write here. Going to bed now but will try to check in tomorrow.
Best of luck!