OK, so here's what I did FWIW:
- 2.6.29 root@SES611 #2
- backed up all Contacts, Apps and SMSs (and copied all to PC)
- rooted as per guide
- then decided to upgrade baseband to JD1 (from JC1) so re-followed guide but from very beginning, i.e. upgraded firmware then rooted
- cooked and installed a Samdroid Kitchen Mod (ZIP file) via Recovery
- installed Frozen Eclair v9 beta 1 (ZIP file) via Recovery
- was then going to install Samdroid Turbo but accidently discovered that Turbo V10 came with Frozen Eclair v9
- reinstalled Apps, restored SMSs (perfect!), synced back Contacts
Q. Your instruction re: SD partitioning was a little confusing:
"Choose what size you want your Apps Partition (256Mb to 1Gb)
Make 1024M ext2 on SD"
The apps partition is ext2, right? If this is the case, then why do you say to "make 1024M on ext2" after giving the option to actually "choose what size you want..."
or have I got that wrong somehow???
Q. And does your instruction assume a 1 or 2Gb SD card?
Mine is a standard Samung 1 Gb card. According to AppBrain I have about 65-70 apps (about 65 Mb worth - not much)
With that in mind, I went for the 384Mb ext2 partition size, thinking that that would be ample.
Now, according to Samdroid Tools under Apps2SD:
SD card = 300107 KB free (sounds about right ... 384Mb-70 Mb ish = 300
Internal Storage = 71192 Kb free - dont understand this!!!!
Q. How come I only have 70Mb left on internal storage? Does SD FAT32 partition have to done separately to ext2 when in Recovery??
Q. Apps2SD.... Using Estrings Explorer, /system/sd is empty, but apps are in /system/app/. Does this mean they are on the phone or on the SD card ? (i know that looks like a daft question...)
Q. typically, where is gaming and/or general app data held? (high scores etc)
Q. is it possible to get Adobe Flash v10.1 working?
Q. you are right about the slow boot times, having not cleared the caches immediately after Samdroid Kitchen Mod installation. Is it OK to clear the caches now? (what is the davlik cache btw?)
Q. I notice that system still a bit 'laggy' when running Live Wallpapers (whcih are vrye nice of course), so anything else I need to speed things up ?
Q. where can I get original Android 2.1 wallpapers from ?
Many thanks again Beerkan,