View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
MariusLV
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by armeck View Post
I am wondering the same thing. After the last update, I did a factory reset (the power on while holding the volume buttons thing). After reinstalling OCLF I get the following notices. Seems that it simultaneously thinks the lagfix has and has not been installed.
Having been in touch with someone on another forum I think I got I bit wiser.

If I understand things correctly, you should be able to determine if the EXT2 partition installed by OCLF is still there by checking the internal phone memory to see if there is more than one gigabyte left. Apparently this would indicate that the EXT2 partition is gone. Of course, I'm quite clueless myself, and I have no way of determining if what I'm telling you is actually true, but if indeed the lag fix works by shrinking the internal phone memory to create space for the EXT2 partition this all does seem to make sense. Of course, if you set the size of the EXT2 partition to a different size and/or installed a lot of apps since the factory reset the amount of free space to check for should be different.

Perhaps you should also check the total storage of the internal SD card. If all the storage space that the phone shipped with is accounted for, I suppose that would mean there is no EXT2 partition any more? What do you think?