View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:05 AM   #132 (permalink)
cyben76

Device(s): Google Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Hopefully you return to this thread, because I think you misunderstood.

You only need 1 profile. That's it.

Context: Wifi Near (set name of your home wifi and check the "Toggle Wifi" option for this context)

When you set the context like this, Tasker will toggle wifi on and off every few minutes to look for your home wifi. That's it. No need for cell tower or anything else that might complicate it. It doesn't use a lot of battery. I have 40-50% battery left when I go to bed using Wifi Near all day to determine location context.
Hmmm.. Tested with Cell Near profile, seems ok so far.. Will test with cell near profile a couple more days then test with just Wifi Near for a few days to compare the batt usage..

Oh yah the other day i just tested my Sleep Profile with auto SMS reply. It works, i sms myself to see the reply sms, got a reply on my other work phone. So i switch off my other phone, went to sleep.. When i woke up i switch on my work phone, i received 10+ of the same SMS, "I'm sleeping right now....." I had check the my sms outbox, shows only 1 sent sms, don't know why..

I only have few more days left for the trial, just can't decide to buy or not...
Last edited by cyben76; November 2nd, 2010 at 06:18 AM.