Okay after reading for a few hours on the xda forum i have found a temporary root
for the MyTouch 4G. This will help you remove some of the start up programs and applications you dont want including icons.
* does not completely remove them but if you cant see it whats the difference right?
First of all you want to install from the market on your phone ONLY:
(updated with new download v14)
2. Titanium Backup: Free version works fine.
(for rooted devices) You will see later why...
Once installed you want to reboot the phone.
Now to the goodies:
1. Open the phones settings and go into applications. Select development and check USB debugging.
DO NOT TOUCH DURING THIS PROCESS
3. Once installed, open Visionary and check ON Temp Root After Reboot
, and check ON System R/W After Root
. Then click TempRoot Now
and wait for it to finish.
Should not take long. You will see a BIG triangle. Then it will go to a black screen. Once that is done it goes back to options screen.
Okay you can touch again
4. Once complete it may or may not bring you to the app drawer with a super user icon. I had to hit the home button to see. It was there... You can see in the photos i took.
Video of how too:
5. Run Shootme. If you are able to use it CONGRATS YOU ARE ROOTED...
6. Run the Titanium Backup... (may have to hit reload application) If you still see nothing hit problems and YES do it...
7. All your applications should show up now and then one by one uninstall (free version) or FREEZE (paid) the apps you dont want or need.
There are apps you cant do. ONLY Do the ones you know for sure
Apps I removed:
Rockband, Asphalt 5, Facebook, Yahoo crap, Monopoly.
I did this 5 hours ago so please forgive me if i missed a step.
Pictures to prove im root... Hopefully you all know what apps are in the phone and i dont need to prove myself.
This is not a permanent ROOT. Your phone will load back up to normal if you reboot.
Credit goes to youtuber, XDA
, Titanium Backup
*** We are not responsible if you some how you screw things up and brick your phone. Be careful with what you remove ***