View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
williamj1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire Current ROM: Redux 2 Test Builds (Gingerbread 2.3.5)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
1. Saying people can't post this without your permission is a bit narrow minded - you've had help from other people and have given credit, someone else could post this and credit you

2. This isn't a guide to rooting but a guide to rooting and flashing your ROM of choice. If it was a guide to rooting then someone just has to follow the unrEVOked guidelines
1. Maybe, but without naming names, I found my guide in other places Without my permission or any credit to me. If they ask, and credit me fine.....

2. Ok. Ill add flashing a rom to the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinaro View Post
I won't be getting OTA updates once I do this right? I'll need to flash new ROMs to do updates and then re-wipe all my stuff?
True, but tbh o2 took an age to give me froyo, and when they finally released it (4 months late), it not only bricked 95% of those who upgraded phones. Plus, it was loaded with german bloatware like some random sat nav app we couldn't use. And to think internal memory wasn't restricted enough already!

not only do I have little confidence in their update testing or process, I have little confidence they will even bother to update users to gingerbread anyway. The desire is more or less becoming old stock now, and they aren't as far as I know getting the new ones. not the desire z's anyway. So for me, it's not much of a loss to be honest.

3. Thanks - Title changed
Last edited by williamj1; November 8th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.