View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
dasudevil
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Mytouch 4G White (Stock) Acer Iconia A500 (stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

dasudevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGALAXYS View Post
one thing to note on this if you force remove a app by long pressin ea app it will pop up a box allowing you to force remove at the bottom, this will actually fully delete the app from the phone but you will not be able to recieve any OTA updates once you do this.. supposedly if you just freeze the app you will still recieve any of the OTA updates from tmob.. IMO if you just run launcher pro as your default launcher you shouldnt really need to delete or freeze any apps.. mine still has all the stock apps and it runs pretty fast with launcher pro without any issues..
I did not know about force removing. I just hit it and did uninstall.

It does not completely remove the app. Once you reboot the aps are back. Let me check for sure. BRB

Shuting off phone and turning back on... UP and running. CRAP that was fast. Okay i was still root... Rebooting again this time with reboot option...This time looked different. ...

Okay up and going... Yea much different start up. YEP root gone including all my apps to sd card. CRAP i need to marketplace that app i had to move everything over.

Started up the Demo for asphalt.. Working perfectly.

Nope no need to hunt things down in the market they were in different spots. LOL.. I removed so many icons it looks all different now.

SO i can still receive updates from Tmobile and I dont loose any hard apps since they are locked into the actual boot sequence of the phone.

I love this type of root. So simple yet so easy to unroot yourself when you feel froggy.

Sorry super did not want to burst your bubble especially since you got a super phone and all. LOL

....off to root... 1 minute and DONE! now to "uninstall/hide" the start up crap apps. OOO the cool part is all the apps i constantly remove are all at the top and saves me time hunting them down. YEA love this root.
Acer Iconia Tab A500[/URL]
Last edited by dasudevil; November 9th, 2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: update