View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #98 (permalink)
Weegie5

Device(s): Motorola DroidX
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxsjw
Clarification for you on 5 and 6.

make sure you are pressing "Bootstrap Recovery" 1st
wait for the pop up that says "Success!" and press "OK"
now you can press "Reboot Recovery"...it will reboot and you should be into clockwork
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygamjaishot
@Weegie5
Try the transfer via USB sometimes a file can become corrupted through wireless transfer. Some people have been having issues with the 928 zip file itself but after redownloading the file and placing it on the root of the sdcard via usb they seemed to have no issues.

Also, there may have been a step that you missed with respect to your Bootstrap recovery issue . I think mxsjw covered that in the post above. Good luck!
E
You guys were definitely on to something, but I still can't get it to work.

I finally found my cable and transferred the BlackGlass zip into my SD/ROM/theme directory. I followed the instructions and after the red eye comes up, it got stuck in a boot-loop with the "Droid" text just coming up on the screen over and over again. I took out the battery, then restored to my 10/29 backup.

Next I downloaded the zip file again from 928's website and put it in the SD root directory. After following the instructions again, I got stuck in the same boot-loop. Frustrated, I restored the phone again with the 10/29 backup.

Any thoughts as to what might be going wrong here? Any help is appreciated.