View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #106 (permalink)
kapi187

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancedriskell View Post
this is the last thing on the command prompt, after i double clicked the doroot file... (Step 7)

adb connection will be reset. restart the adb server on desktop and re-login. could not kill pid 20091: no such process

what do i do now?
Lance I had the same issue...after reading another forums i was able to resolve it. Turns out this error is just a warning that it could not find the PID of the exploit to terminate it and continue to run the process. However the problem is that it is waiting for the reset of adb server..
They recommended to try and reboot phone and run the doroot batch again to see if this fixes it. (didn't work for me)
The next recommendation was to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in (this did not work for me)
Another recommendation was once you are stuck at this error then change the USB connection to any other connection(I picked USB Mass storage) and then change it right back to PC mode. (This worked for me)
Just keep trying different things and it should work...little annoying but it does work.
Also, make sure your phone is in debugging mode, but if you got as far as the "can't kill process" then i'm sure your phone is in debugging mode.

Hope that helps....