View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
dinaro

Device(s): Telus Desire 2.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyte View Post
Hmm.. I don't think I am unbranded. The lock screen has Telus on the slider, and the notifications bar has Telus on it. I don't think I am unbranded, but I did install that RUU mentioned above.

I want to do this (Apps2SD+) soo bad, but I want to at least remain branded so that if I happen to bring it back to Telus, they won't be able to (easily) discover a rooted / unbranded ROM.
Well, I still have the Telus branding on the phone as well after I installed everything that I just quoted above. Does that make me still branded? Probably not.

And I agree with dan there. If you're already mucking around with the idea of rooting to get A2SD+ it's going to change quite a few things with the phone already which will be easily detected. Just take the plunge like me, I haven't regretted anything I did if it makes you feel any better. Just be a little more careful not to drop your phone and buy accessories to protect it

Oh and make sure you read a ton before you start because if you're unclear on anything it could be nerve racking at times.
Last edited by dinaro; November 19th, 2010 at 07:29 AM.