Buttons not working - hard reset required
Well, it happened to me yesterday, one day after I got my Android 2.2, Froyo upgrade. I don't know if it was caused by an application I downloaded or some combination of events, but the home and green phone button stopped working. After researching the issue, I had to do a hard reset.
1) I copied all the data from the phone on to my laptop.
2) I turned off the phone.
3) I waited 10 seconds.
4) I held the red phone button and the home button down together.
5) I waited for 20 seconds until the warning sign appeared.
6) I released the keys.
7) I held both buttons (red phone and home) down again.
8) I scrolled through the selection list to complete wipe and factory reset.
9) I pushed the thumball.
10) Factory reset executed.
11) I rebooted the phone.
12) Copied all my files back to the phone from the laptop.
13) Had to download all my apps from the Android Market.
14) All buttons are fine now, but I am still customizing the phone to the way it was.