View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
ociopia

Device(s): Samsung galaxy note
Carrier: Not Provided

I love my droid but I have to say I am shocked at how bad the camera is. I came from an iphone, only 3 megapixels, no flash and yet it took fabulous photos. Just fabulous. The Droid's camera - it is awful. Now - I've never used it outside. All the shots have been indoors in various lights. But I am shocked at how "off" the color is, how off the depth of field is, how off the sharpness of focus is - it is really a terrible camera - I suppose one might say they just chose terrible optics. It must surely be about optics.

Do you guys think these optics problems will be addressed with "updates?" I don't really see how they can be. They "fixed" the autofocus so now that "works." But it doesn't really. There is no crispness. I find it fascinating that the iphone could take indoor photos so well with no flash. Well that's about shutter speed auto adjustment. Somehow the Droid's camera doesn't seem to have that - perhaps because it does have a flash. I see numerous apps to download. I did download picsay pro but that's about doing something more with a photo you've taken. I want an app that is about actually taking a great photo indoors. And I am not talking about "in a bar or a really dark room." I'm talking about in my front room with numerous lights on but certainly not "daylight" conditions. Help? I love my Droid - sure would like to take photos on the fly and email and mms them.
The Following User Says Thank You to ociopia For This Useful Post:
marklaing (August 9th, 2010)