View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
c141medic

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Archos customer service sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33 View Post
I got a 101 from Archos.com yesterday. THose of you who got in on the first batch, how long did it take to get a tracking number?
People, don't hold your breath. I chose standard shipping and my order got canceled. This is what I wrote to Archos:

To whom it may concern:

I recently ordered the Archos 101 16gb on Nov 22, 2010 and received an order confirmation immediately after my order. I had expected that it would ship within a few days as stated on your website that it takes 24-48 to process orders. I contacted customer service today and was informed that my order was cancelled because the item was out of stock. How was I able to order and pay for the item if it was out of stock? One should have been allocated for me automatically since I received an order confirmation. When I asked the customer service rep what she could do for me, I was informed that there was nothing she could do and that I would have to reorder probably next week. In my opinion, this is very poor customer service. Why are orders that are confirmed being canceled? Why not keep the order open and allocate the next available shipment to the individual with a confirmed order? A product is tied to good customer service. If the customer service is poor, in my opinion, this is not good for the future of a product. My time is valuable. I should not have to spend time to reorder an order that should never have been cancelled. By the way, I never received any notification, other than the conversation I had with customer service today, that my order had been cancelled. I would like a response from Archos and what they plan on doing to make this right. Thank you.