Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
noonehereyet
No One...
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G1, Cliq, Vibrant, MyTouch 4G, G2x, Amaze, Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to noonehereyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkzanyj View Post
I understand what you're saying, but....as I stated, I have no complaints. resource hunger is only bad if it interferes with other operations, if there's unnecessary slowdowns, lags, halts, I've experienced none of that. I'm not a Microsoft defender, but honestly I find Vista a heck of a lot more smooth than XP ever was for me on any of the computers at any of the jobs I've had.

And being a resource hog....that's what spawns comments like "train wreck"?

I'm not being a dick, I'm just honestly curious. People act like Vista is covered in HIV and dipped in Celine Dion's foot fungus. It was buggy when I first got it, but a few updates later it was smooth. Yes, it's a resource hog, but with nothing open (yet 85 processes running in the background) it's faster, smoother, and less of a pain than my Dell XP. I have not had to once yank the battery because it locked up on me, and I can't say the same for XP.
Honestly man you are one of the lucky ones.... I bought Vista the day it came out and have had nothing but issues I downgraded back to XP waited for SP1 upgraded again... still had problems for me it has been MUCH less stable than XP with more glitches with driver compatibility with all sorts of things from my USB drives to my internal drives... locks up constantly video driver sometimes just crashes for no reason... wiped it out reinstalled same result... now I am a windows fan won't deny it but I got so frustrated with all the problems I was having I actually switched to Ubuntu.... I am anxious to see if this system is really better or not because I really liked XP... I honestly wish I had the same experience you've had with Vista but if I said I did It'd be a lie.....