Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
noonehereyet
No One...
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G1, Cliq, Vibrant, MyTouch 4G, G2x, Amaze, Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to noonehereyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkzanyj View Post
Now I get it, thank you! I was getting so frustrated. My boss at my last job (IT Consulting Firm) loved Vista and had no problems, he's a big PC gamer, and said he also didn't understand why people hate Vista so much. Honestly, the people I know in real life who have Vista, none of them have had the issues you describe, or anything close. I had USB issues all the time with XP, -- like really, I was getting so pissed -- It really made me mad that "plug n play" replaced the driver-install practice because half the things I plugged into my Dell XP weren't recognized, from music players, to phones, to my PSP. Hell, at least once a week I'd turn on my Dell and XP would say I had a new printer and needed to install the software for it.

Just out of curiousity, what's your hardware? I have a Vaio laptop, and the baby has been smooth. I need more ram because of the Adobe software I use for graphic design can be slow when I have Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign open while playing music and having 5 tabs of Firefox open, but I could barely have half those things open with XP.

The machine I originally had it installed on was a p4 2.8ghz 3 gigs ram (PC3200), NEC DVD/CD, Sony DVD/CD, NEC 19" widescreen, PNY GForce 6200, creative labs 7.1