View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Nashdroid

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Since nexus one is the Passion and CDMA version of Passion was seen in leaked codenames then you have to assume Verizon is getting the Passion but with HTC goodies. In other words don't hold your breath for the Bravo since that's not slated till April and probably only for Euro. I do like the Bravo stylings tho, especially the black with the red leds at top.
No, we don't know that the Nexus One IS the Passion yet. There's no proof of that, and even if it WAS the Passion that doesn't mean that Verizon would even be getting a variant of it, because as I've pointed out...both past two Android developer phones, Dream and Magic, NEVER came as some other variant to other U.S. carriers. They were only on T-Mobile. So, it DOESN'T make sense to assume that Verizon is getting the Passion, if that's even what Google ends up calling it when it comes to T-Mobile. Because an Android developer phone that was eventually released to T-Mobile has NEVER come to another U.S. carrier in the same or in another form factor.

I understand your thinking, and I used to think the same thing. But there's just no evidence to really back it up or make me assume that anymore. See what I'm saying?