View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
substanceneil
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I have an odd version of the Droid Pro... I got it from "a guy."

Anyway, it is not identical to the stock Droid Pro that Verizon is selling. A few differences I've noted:

1. Completely unlocked, works on T-mobile with my GSM card.

2. Battery cover had blue graphic on black instead of grey on black.

3. There is a touch pad (Backtrak) like a Moto Charm or Backflip, although it is not operational. Interestingly, the silicone case I bought from the Verizon store has a hole to expose the touch pad. It seems that Motorola originally had this in the design but pulled it. I wonder if the right software could utilize the pad.

4. Keys are domed like a Moto Cliq. Stock Droid Pro has ridged keys like a Blackberry. Keys are also arranged in a staggered way, like a full size keyboard. The stock version has keys lined up in a grid, again like a BB. Finally, the colon and semicolon labels are reversed compared to a stock device.

5. The battery cover has "clips" in different locations. I discovered this today when my extended battery arrived and the new cover would not fit right. I had to use a knife to trim the clips that did not match to make the cover fit.

I wonder if the ROM on this phone would be useful to folks developing a way to use stock Droid Pro's on US GSM networks?

n