View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #101 (permalink)
Jim B

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default The UK site works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry202br View Post
when I go to those sites, I just get spam to download some $30 driver program! Caution, there aren't actually any drivers here! of course, at my age, I could just be blind, there's tons of hyperlinks on the page.
Can anyone tell me where to find the actual drivers? I can't get any of this to work on windows Vista.

there is a reply somewhere in these threads that says to go to the Samsung UK site. I did this, selected support for the galaxy 5 S and selected downloads. There are two applications, an unistall utility for the Kies drivers and a Kies application plus the user manuals to download. I downloaded the two applications and ran them and my Galaxy will connect with my XP machine. The Kies program is quite interesting and provides a lot of utility. I found though it isn't required once the drivers which come with it are loaded. Now when I plug my phone in to the USB it is recognized as a drive.

www.samsung.com/uk and follow the directions for support when you get there. I also used the rear USB 2.0 port on the motherboard as suggested in another thread in this forum. Good luck.

And I don't understand why people post links to these rather useless driver scanning programs in this forum. Shame on them!
Last edited by Jim B; December 6th, 2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Mistake
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim B For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (December 12th, 2010)