Just Some Facts
Let me lay down some facts and you can make your own predictions:
1. Android is owned and developed by Google.
2. Google and samsung have worked on a phone together. (Nexus S)
3. The nexus s is almost identical to the galaxy s portfolio.
4. The nexus s will be pre installed with Android GingerBread 2.3.
5. Also, the nexus s is set to be release Dec. 16th in US.
6. Samsung said at a press conference that their Galaxy S portfolio would receive an update in mid December.
Now let me lay down some thing I have noticed. (not known facts)
1. Samsung probably had Gingerbread for quite some time now.
2. If Google and Samsung worked together, they probably have a deal that their phones would get gingerbread first.
3. Samsung has pushed froyo back and back and probably realized to just skip it since they had gingerbread working already.
4. Samsung is the top android dealer and it would be in their best interest to push out gingerbread first.
5. Samsung never said what update we would receive, only that we would in the near future.
So there, make your own conclusions. I personally think it would be better if we saw gingerbread first.