View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
substanceneil
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

1) The original battery cover that came with the phone had cut out for the trackpad, just like lots of the cases out there. The extended battery + cover from Verizon does not have this cut out.

2) Nerdherder, it does not behoove me to "prove" anything. This is a forum, not a trial court. I have not tested the phone on Verizon yet... but i am using the phone on T-mobile. It is up to you to believe me or not.

3) kjjb, thanks for your concern, but I am not in possession of any stolen property. I am a law abiding citizen that likes to play with phones. Actually, I take that back--since I am an American, I suppose I live on property stolen from native people.

I placed the scotch tape there to cover a small gap between the battery cover and the phone. When my extended battery + cover came in from Verizon, i did not snap into place. It appeared that the a few of the "clips" on my phone were located differently. I used a knife to shave down the extra clips. The cover stays on securely, but where the clips were removed, the cover was just less than flush. I covered it with tape, before putting it back in its silicone case.

Since then, I have removed the tape... doesn't seem necessary.

The real point of this thread is to see if anyone had any experience of thoughts about running the phone on two carriers. Also, so see if this type of phone would be useful to people trying to truly unlock the phone for use with all GSM carriers.