bunch of weird annoying issues
I have found a bunch of little but annoying things that my SF does lately. Maybe someone has some solves or suggestions for one or all?
1. Voicemail icon suddenly appeared in notification bar. I have NEVER set-up or used VZ voicemail, always google voice, and after having this phone for two months the icon suddenly pops up in my status bar. Everytime I miss a call it reappears and adds a number to the number of voicemails it says I have, but when I click on it it calls my google number which says i have no new voicemails, so wth?
2. I notice that every time I turn my phone off then turn it back on it reverts to a default VZW notification sound that is very loud, persistent, and annoying. Why doesn't it keep the sound settings I had before I turned it off? It also does this whenever I connect it to my computer, and it only affects the notification setting, not the ringtone.
3. Sometimes when I receive a text from someone it will show the text in the notification/status bar but will say it is from someone it is not from, or just lists the number instead of a name.
4. When I try to set pics from the internet as my wallpaper it wants me to crop them. Why can't I just have the pic as wallpaper as is? How do I download a pic that is intended as wallpaper and make it wallpaper the way it i supposed to be, with the high resolution of the original image?
5. I seem to have extreme lag when using the camera. Esp, when I take a picture the screen goes black for quite a few seconds before it shows me the picture and I can go back to the camera to take another pic. It didn't do this when I first got it, I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff yesterday and that seems to have helped a lot with the weird pauses I have sometimes, but is there anything else I should do?
This all kind of leads into my next question, not sure if I am posting this in the right area, but what is Launcher Pro, and should I be using it?
I went to a verizon store this evening and they are sending me a new handset. We also discovered while trying to figure out the notification tone problem that my handset has a problem identifying my sd card. It doesn't seem to have a problem viewing my pics from my card, but when i open certain apps it tells me that i need to have an sd card in order to run this or that, but my card is in there. weird.