View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #158 (permalink)
knipknup

Device(s): moto dROID
Carrier: Not Provided

For the following, I have a couple suggestions and questions.

I am running the stock VZW rom with the update, so my screen says:
System version: Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.07P

Quote:
4. Drag and drop the zipped 928 BlackGlass onto your sdcard. You can make a separate folder for this on your SD Card labeled “custom themes/roms” and place the file there. You will later access this file through Bootstrap Recovery in order to install the custom ROM/Theme (or any other ROM or theme hereinafter).
Suggestion: The guide says to be in Mass Storage Mode, but this should take control of the SD card, so I'm thinking that needs set to charge only after copying the zip file but prior to moving on to step 5.

Quote:
5. Open the Bootstrap app in your app drawer and press “Bootstrap Recovery”. Click “Allow” if the Superuser Permissions window pops up. Make sure to do this step before rebooting. Some users have been having issues with the phone not rebooting into recovery and it's usually because they skipped this step
On this step, When I select the top button "Bootstrap Recovery", I get this:
FAILURE:
Error running exec().
Command: [su, -c, ./data/data/com.koushikdutta.droidx.bootstrap/files/surunner.sh]
Working Directy: null
Environment: null

I'm pretty sure I didn't skip any steps. I do have the superuser icon.

Is there any terminal command that I could use in the terminal emulator that would confirm I really am rooted? I tried cd / and ls and see files, but not sure on this device what things would work rooted that don't unrooted.

Since the guide says to accept yes for permissions if it comes up, I went to the next step in hopes...

Quote:
6. Press “Reboot Recovery” and your phone will reboot into recovery mode.
Nothing happens at all. It just stays on the Droid X Bootstrapper screen with the buttons and red skull pic.

Thanks for any help.