Android 2.2 updated but Widget Gone
I updated the available 2.2 yesterday but ALL the Samsung Widgets are removed from the phone. No new widgets, even the weather widget is gone and no replacement even in apps etc.
Added Problems not mentioned:
- Bluetooth audio problems
- generic email account not working (emails cannot be tagged for deletion)
- MAP/GPS not working, my location does not update not accurate
- market widgets not installing or working properly
- voice dial prompts don't appear nor heard, dials best guess without confirming the command
All the Froyo problems are gone with the new phone under the stock 2.1 build. however, voice dial and bluetooth support for devices is a problem.
- voice dials cannot be triggered in this stock build
- Voice dial app is the worst I have seen in 3 other Android phones. there is no audio prompting nor confirmation of commands
- of two bluetooth devices only one will connect (Jaba ear piece, while my bluetooth mirror is paired. It will not connect to this phone but did with 3 others).
Froyo update for the Telus phones is a known problem installing and effectively bricks the phone. Only possible way out is going non OEM and overwriting with possibly ODIN but that kills the warranty if it works and should not be necessary if Samsung had their scripts well written.