View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
KlaymenDK

Device(s): HTC Desire Z (rooted, CyanogenMod v7.1; Revoked ClockworkMod) HTC Desire (rooted, Oxygen rom; Revoke
Carrier: Not Provided

I cannot seem to get step #8 working.

I would really love to be able to make a full backup, system settings and all. To do that, I gather I will need "Nandroid", and thus this recovery image. I don't think I have any further need of being root. Also, I'm quite happy with the stock K4 firmware, so I don't plan to try the custom Galax* roms (which I believe are built on an earlier firmware).

No matter what I do, fastboot times out and does a normal startup, while my terminal still says "<waiting for device>".

My Device Manager (while doing all sorts of plinky-plonky sounds) gets an entry for "Other devices: Android 1.0", but no matter what driver I feed it, it ends up saying "There was a problem installing this hardware: Samsung Galaxy Composite ADB Interface".

The entry is still there, but it has a symbol on it. I have no problems mounting and accessing the sdcards, so something is working.

I have installed NPS, Eclipse, and the SDK; I really think it's the drivers. What more can I try, are there alternative drivers I could try?
Last edited by KlaymenDK; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:10 AM.