View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rastaman-FB
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlaymenDK View Post
I cannot seem to get step #8 working.

I would really love to be able to make a full backup, system settings and all. To do that, I gather I will need "Nandroid", and thus this recovery image. I don't think I have any further need of being root. Also, I'm quite happy with the stock K4 firmware, so I don't plan to try the custom Galax* roms (which I believe are built on an earlier firmware).

No matter what I do, fastboot times out and does a normal startup, while my terminal still says "<waiting for device>".

My Device Manager (while doing all sorts of plinky-plonky sounds) gets an entry for "Other devices: Android 1.0", but no matter what driver I feed it, it ends up saying "There was a problem installing this hardware: Samsung Galaxy Composite ADB Interface".

The entry is still there, but it has a symbol on it. I have no problems mounting and accessing the sdcards, so something is working.

I have installed NPS, Eclipse, and the SDK; I really think it's the drivers. What more can I try, are there alternative drivers I could try?
what os are you running? x64 or x86?
you should be able to use the same driver you use for ADB
Does ADB work for you?

its a bit wierd that it says there was an error
you might have to be even quicker at locating the driver as you have 15 seconds to get it located and installed
you have to make sure you are using the "have disk" option and manually pointing it to the device

EDIT: im going to uninstall the fastboot driver and try again for your benefit as i might have borked something with these drivers

EDIT2: you can use Samsung Galaxy Composite ADB Interface or Bootloader interface
fastboot devices for me shows a ? but commands still function correctly
Last edited by Rastaman-FB; December 22nd, 2009 at 12:39 PM.