View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM   #39 (permalink)
droidzone

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note2 N7100, HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
there is a rooted arabic rom on xda but it doesnt get updated often.
[روم .. W1002 ] للديزاير .. 2.2 العربي الرسمي .. محدث 24/12/2010 - الكمبيوتر الكفي
if you want to root you have to flash the voda build
its a bit of a pain for you to return back to stock ARA as your bootloader version will be too high so it will not let you flash one lower (ARA is 32) via RUU or PB99img.zip

At this point you would need to use teppics downgrade utility (found on XDA Devs) to downgrade it to a slcd compatible 2.1 build and then you can RUU it back to the Arabic rom
Actually I didnt elaborate on the rooting process b/c I'd spelled out the steps for him in the XDA thread.

I think there's an additional element of uncertainty here. We know that Teppic's downgrade tool is based on the rageagainstthecage vulnerability patch, which seems to be working ok upto 2.29. However, noone seems to have tested if rac works on this particular version. Since HTC is well aware of the patch, they could have patched it too, in which case no current downgrade scripts may work.

I dont subscribe to every thread I reply to, so post in relevant official threads for a speedy response. Alternately use the official Supernova forum