View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
ccc2nd

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi,

I had the phone since 29 Oct. Hard reset did nothing, same firmware, sd card still fried.

Formatting the sd in another phone didn't work. Left it overnight but it just hung.

Have received a new phone from orange this morning. Refused to replace the sd card as its an 'accessory'. Tried to explain that its integral to the phone but only managed to get a 10 credit to my account.

Phone was originally unbranded but locked to orange. And I had read that this was now the preferred approach on uk carriers.

Unfortunately the replacement phone is branded - orange wednesdays, some crappy games, orange maps etc. Nothing is missing from the unbranded phone but i cant remove some of the bloatware now on it (eg block breaker 'deluxe' which looks like it was ported from a casio calculator).

Not sure if this means i will have to wait for orange to test and release firmware updates. I would initially think that this sucked but not sure now since the OTA debacle/farce.

Gonna go into orange shop today (where i originally bought it) and see if i can get a new 8gb micro sd.

On a VERY positive note, I only phoned orange re this last night and there was someone wth a new phone at my door at 0905 this morning. They might brand them but at least the insurance of 6 quid a month is worth it...