View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:23 AM   #55 (permalink)
docnasef

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
ahh theyve found a new method it seems, theyve ditched rage against the cage
Thought i could get away so easily!
No such luck!!

Well what happened is i got the walk through for this new unrevoked version 3.3 from one of these cearab forums

They advised for slcd versions to run unrevoked, without connecting the phone, choose custom rom, upload a img file clockworkmod recovery 2.5.0.1 ?
and THEN connect and root

Now I did that and it rooted fine

However,

Firstly to get into recovery mode I need to at least try twice, it hanged first on the white HTC logo had to pull battery out and retry , at least one more time if not twice

Also, I thought maybe for every sd card i use I need to root again, so I had an extra sd card tried to root that it gave me error unable to root? have you newer firmware?"
I AM OnLY ABLE TO ROOT ONCE

My questions please
How to upgrade to clockworkmod 2.5.0.9 or latest?

Also, do I need to unroot first so as to reroot say with the unrevoked normally (i expect it has the latest clockworkmod?

Last one please:
i read somwhere that there was an instruction on how to unroot back to custom stock using "the nandroid" image created AFTER rooting????? is that correct ? how?
I guess I am asking about other options to get to stock without flashing RUU

Sorry to bother u all with this and thank for all your efforts with us newbies!!

EDIT:

used ROM manager let it download update clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 to sd card, ran update.zip from there, now have that version...
However rest of qs still stand!

EDIT 2:
ACTUALLY NOOOO

the version of clockwordkmod STILL REMAINS 2.5.0.1?????
Last edited by docnasef; January 3rd, 2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: used ROM manager let it download update clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 to sd card, ran update.zip from there, now have that version...