Thread: Herotab MID816
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
lilbran

Device(s): Herotab MID 816, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero (Retired), HTC G1 (Retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

brando.online

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc2 View Post
She's not tech oriented at all and the reviews on the ARCHOS have mostly been pretty good, besides it has a capacitive screen. If the HERO develops we still may pick one up for her. Wal Mart, now Amazon, has a "NETSGO KASER" model that looks good, but I can find no reviews on it. Thanks again.
Someone being not tech saavy, means you will have to pick up the slack when she is wondering what is going on... I would consider holding off until the price of these tablets come down some... That tablet that you were looking at has 2 major downfalls in my eyes...

#1 - 800MHz processor (Netsgo) vs 1.2GHz processor (Herotab)
#2 - 256MB DDR2 RAM (Netsgo) vs 512MB DDR2 RAM (Herotab)

These 2 things mean major differences in speed of the tablet... Spending close to $200 on your Netsgo and then your girlfriend getting upset that it is too slow could be a huge waste of your money... Might be something you wanna consider. Just food for thought.

As well as, I couldn't find any information on what version of Android OS is running on the tablet... I don't believe in buying anything under the 2.2 due to the fact that Flash 10.1 isn't by default installed. If your girl does stuff online that requires the flash player, be careful... I did see Flash Lite was installed, but it's not quite the same thing, it's limited compared to version 10.1