View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
dmm5157

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with ZenEXP OC to 691mhz
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBPHeretic View Post
The hardware specs on the Sprint LG Optimus S are actually pretty decent. It has 512 MB of RAM and a CPU that can be overclocked for easy performance gains, not to mention it started out with Android 2.2 and will get Android 2.3 for sure.

I did not know the screen was plastic. I thought it was glass. That is kind of a downer actually. The ROM scene for the Sprint LG Optimus S is actually heating up a lot too. But, in the end, I would still stick with my Sprint HTC Hero. It has been very good to me.

Kind of a bummer. I didn't know it was plastic as well.

I tried it out this past week and it was a nice little handset ... but compared to my overclocked Hero running CM6.1.0 and the Epic/Evo sitting next to it, it was put to shame. The performace boosts to the Optimus are supposedly pretty good, though, once you root and flash custom ROMs on it.

Looking forward to CES in 2 days. Hopefully some good looking phones come out. I've been eligible to upgrade, but have been holding out. I love my Hero and was thinking of getting a new Android tablet instead of dropping $200+ on a newer phone.