View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #105 (permalink)
cmidi

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default For Captivate users with Advanced Task Killer (this worked for me)

For Captivate users that have a task killer docked in the notification bar, drag the bar down to open the task killer and look for Market or AppBrain app and long press to bring up menu that will allow you to switch to that app. Then you can uninstall it and get back to a "smartphone" again. This worked for me. Hope it helps you. Good luck to everyone else.

I don't think I'll ever put LP back on my phone. This was pretty irresponsible on the developers part and really ticked me off. And, he was pretty much missing in action with no direct way to connect to him (website/forum). This app was downloaded from the market and was not a beta app. You shouldn't force an update period. In addition, the redirect to the website didn't work and subsequently kept your phone in an endless loop of trying to get to the website to update.

I have a question for the experts in this forum. What permissions were necessary to give the developer the control to do this? I just want to review other apps I've installed to see if I've granted them the same level of authority. If so, they may be uninstalled too.